As an experienced director, you know the primary goal for vocational rehabilitation is achieving intergrated competitive employment. When a consumer needs direct assistance beyond what the Counselor and VR Staff can provide, VR contracts with Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRP) who may offer a broad range of services through contract with the Vocational Rehabilitation agency.
This Director renewal course focuses on the Work-Oriented CRPs who deliver training and Employment Assistance to help consumers prepare, find and keep intergrated competitive employment. Work Readiness and Employment Services meet criteria outlined in their bilateral contract and the Standards for Providers Manual, to provide work-oriented services to Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) (formerly DARS) consumers to achieve quality employment.
The Director of CRP Employment Services Renewal Course is designed for the head of the CRP contracting services with TWS-VRS. This course will provide information on:
- Delivering Services
- Standards for Providers
- Employment Service Staffing
- Ethics and Advocacy
- 15 contact hours available for completing the course requirements.
- Registration closes a week prior to the start date of each course. To register, go to the Credential Training Calendar
- Three to five days before the course begins, you will receive an e-mail from UNTWISE with instructions on how to access Blackboard Learn, which is the platform used for our online courses.
- If you require accommodation, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and registration date in the email.
$135.00 for course
Government purchase order or credit card must be received 7 days prior to start date. If you have any problems when trying to pay for the course, contact UNTWISE at (940) 565-4000(940) 565-4000 for assistance.
Employment service credential courses are eligible for the expedited verification process. For more information, visit our policy page.
2 weeks prior to training - 100%
Within 2 weeks of training - No Refunds
Please fax cancellation to (940) 565-3960 or email UNTWISE@unt.edu