Share your knowledge with the Professional Community of Rehabilitation Providers & Organizations serving individuals with disabilities
Submit Topics for the UNTWISE 2021 Webinar Series
UNTWISE invites you to submit your topics for UNTWISE’s 2021 professional development webinar series.
UNTWISE keeps vocational rehabilitation practitioners, managers, community rehabilitation programs (CRP) and organizations serving individuals with disabilities abreast of the latest trends, best practices, and research. We have a track record of success that we are proud to acknowledge including the RSA Commissioner's Award for Excellence in Education and Training.
Sessions should focus on topics as they relate to transition, employment, inclusion of individuals with disabilities, law/policy, standards or regulations, best practices, ethics and programs based on the needs of specific communities.
Presentations should focus on any topic related to:
- Job Skills Training
- Job Placement
- Job Development and Marketing of a Customer
- Natural and Ongoing Supports in the Workplace and Community
- Supported Employment
- Employment Planning
- Delivering Services
- Ethics and Advocacy
- Aspects of Disabilities
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- Employment Service Staffing
- Other Areas as deemed appropriate
Within these topics you may choose to focus on areas such as:
- Blind/Low Vision Impairment
- Community Inclusion
- Criminal History
- Customized Employment Training
- Documentation/Case note management
- Hearing Impairment
- Informed Choice
- Psychiatric Disabilities
- Resume writing and the job application process
- Substance Misuse & Employment
- Supported Decision Making
- Youth in Transition
- Workforce Skills Development –Social media, resume building/writing/interviewing, customer service, and coaching discussions.
- Other focus areas as deemed appropriate
Topics in this series may be of interest to anyone whose job requires disability awareness or competence as they relate to transition, employment, inclusion of individuals with disabilities, law/policy, standards or regulations, best practices, ethics and programs based on the needs of specific communities. Webinars may be targeted to those new to the field or to those with more experience and who are looking to advance their skill level.
Our webinars are typically 60-90 minute sessions that include a PowerPoint and a Q&A between the attendees and speakers. Some sessions are over a two to three day period.
We are looking for sessions that provide a great learning experience (not a commercial for a product or service), and that is lively, entertaining, innovative, informative and interactive. We want participants to engage with the learning through discussion and take-a-ways. We are also looking for webinars that help connect the learning back to the workplace.
Submit Your Topic
UNTWISE's webinar programs provide an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your expertise and help advance the knowledge of rehabilitation/accessibility professionals. Plus, you can receive compensation for your efforts! If you’re interested in submitting a topic for the 2020 webinar series, please request and fill out our UNTWISE Webinar Planning Guide form. All submissions will be reviewed by UNT WISE, and you will be notified within the calendar week regarding the status of your submission.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
- Lively, entertaining, innovative, informative and interactive sessions. We specifically request that presentations include time for Q & A with participants.
- Well written learning objectives that show how the learner will be able to use your content on the job (practical application).
- Session descriptions that clearly explain what the session is about and avoid editorials on the topic.
- Content that is current, cutting edge, and practical.
- Demonstration of presentation style and quality; we ask you to provide, if available, a link to a video of you presenting the proposed topic or a similar topic.
- A balance of speakers representing diverse cultures, backgrounds, viewpoints, organizations, and geography.
- Presenters may not be current TWC-VRS providers.
Paid compensation is based on length of the presentation(s) and level of expertise of the presenter. Delivering a session for UNTWISE may be done on a voluntary, unpaid basis.
If you have further questions, contact Rebecca at email@example.com or call 940-565-4407.
Paper applications available on request.