Contractors who provide services described in the Standards for Providers must have at least one individual who is designated as a Director. Role of the Director is expected to:
- Handle routine communication
- Address compliance issues
- Ensure that staff qualifications are documented and up-to-date
- Supervise staff and subcontractors, if any
- Ensure that the contractor meets the requirements explained in the contract, VR-SFP manual, and service authorizations
The purpose of the Director Credential is to ensure a person in the contractor’s leadership, the designated director, is educated in:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Best Practices
- Texas VR business practices
- Service delivery requirements
- How to obtain or maintain a contract
- Provider marketing with VR
- Other relevant topics
This course is self-paced and hosted completely online in the Canvas learning system. A score of 75% or higher must be achieved to receive the credential.
Please click here for the technology requirements for this course.
To maintain the Director credential, a renewal course must be completed prior to expiration of the credential.
Contact Hours: 15 contact hours available for completing the course requirements.
Platform: Online, self-paced
If you require accommodation, please email your request to email@example.com. Please include your name and registration date in the email.
Employment service credential courses are eligible for the expedited verification process. For more information, click here: Expedited Verification Process.
Please contact UNTWISE at (940) 565-4000 or UNTWISE@unt.edu for further assistance.