The Supported Employment course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to assist consumers to gain paid competitive work, while offering ongoing support services in integrated settings for individuals with most significant disabilities.
This course will provide information on:
- Supported Employment Criteria
- Discovery Process
- Person Centered Employment Planning
- Individualized Job Development
- Job Placement
- Job Skills Training Techniques
- Natural Supports at the Workplace and Community
- Job Maintenance
- Obtaining Successful Job Stability
- Service Closure
Please note that the Supported Employment Course has assignments that are due weekly. See image of schedule below or click to view the PDF version.
You must complete all of the required coursework before the Final Test will open. You must complete the Final Test with a score of 75 percent or above to successfully complete the course.
Pre-requisites: Successful completion of the Job Skills Training and Job Placement course are pre-requisites for this course.
Contact Hours: 30 contact hours available for completing the course
- Registration closes a week prior to the start date of each course. To register, go to the Credential Training Calendar
- Three to five days before the course begins, you will receive an e-mail from UNTWISE with instructions on how to access Blackboard Learn, which is the platform used for our online courses.
- If you require accommodation, please email your request to email@example.com. Please include your name and registration date in the email.
$420.00 for course
Credit card payment or Government Purchase Order must be received 7 days prior to start date. If you have any problems when trying to pay for the course, contact UNTWISE at (940) 565-4000 for further assistance.
Employment service credential courses are eligible for the expedited verification process. For more information, visit this policies page: Expedited Verification Process.
2 weeks prior to training - 100%
Within 2 weeks of training - No Refunds
Please fax cancellation to (940) 565-3960 or email UNTWISE@unt.edu
See the Credential Training Calendar for listing of classes being offered.